The Skenesborough Museum was founded in 1959 during the town of Whitehall’s 200th (bicentennial) anniversary. The building it occupies is a 1917 reinforced concrete Canal Terminal building. It was later used as a town shed before NYS planned to demolish it.
June 28th, 1959 it was dedicated and in 1960 the town received permission to use the building as long as it remain a museum.
- Start Date:
- End Date: